IMAGINE: A floor that appears as if it were sawn entirely from one perfect log.
- We hand pick only perfect logs to yield a grade of wood previously only available for the most exquisite musical instruments. The grade of wood we use for our hardwood flooring does not exist elsewhere in the flooring industry. Our wide, long flooring boards are free of knots, mineral streaks, sapwood and other color variations. No manufacturer has been able to supply wood flooring equal to our specifications.
- We produce the only “True Quarter Sawn” cut hardwood flooring in the flooring industry. Our proprietary “Radially Sawn” sawmilling technology results in each board having the exact perfect 80-90 degree vertical grain structure yielding the most stability for each species of wood compared to the industry’s loose standard of 45-90 degrees. This also produces a more-consistent grain pattern.
- Color and grain matching our hardwood flooring starts at the forest and continues through the final inspection prior to shipping. This highly selective process yields a floor that appears as if it were sawn entirely from one perfect log.
- Our hardwood flooring is hand-crafted to last generations. Our “Radially Sawn” sawmilling technology produces harder, more durable, flooring which dents and cracks less. Our flooring is designed to be the least sensitive to challenging environmental conditions, making them perfect for waterfront homes or radiant heating systems.
- Devoted to Environmental Stewardship, we thoughtfully hand select each tree to ensure our forest’s sustainability. The use of environmentally friendly thin kerf lumber processing allows the most efficient use of each rare log.
Your hardwood flooring is pre-acclimated for your project. Our specialized proprietary dry kilns allow us to individually dry each custom-made floor to your jobsite’s specifications.
This is a Charles Peterson Signature Floor. Please request samples for your local finishing experts to apply their craft to (we fully encourage the use of NWFA certified installation/finishing professionals).